You may have heard of Opera browser which is a web browser developed by Opera Software. A sibling of this browser is Opera Mini which is a web browser designed solely for mobile phones and smartphones which were launched in 2006. Basically, Opera Mini for PC was derived from the Opera web browser for personal computers, which has been publicly available since 1996.
by 2012, Opera mini had more than 168 million users and by 2013, the numbers had increased to 300 million users worldwide. What makes Opera Mini different from browser version is that the amount of data which has to be transferred is drastically reduced. Opera Mini requests web pages through Opera Software’s servers, which process and compress them before sending them to the mobile phone. This process increases the speed of transfer and significantly reduces the amount of data transferred which is chargeable on many mobile phone data plans. The overall speed could be up to two to three times faster.
Opera Mini For PC Windows 7/8/10 and Mac OS Download:
Must Read >> Mobdro for PC
Opera Mini Download for Windows PC Laptop:
You won’t get any Opera Mini Browser official version for PC. However, there is a version for Windows phone.
You may be wondering why Opera launched an Opera mini for Windows phone but completely ignored Windows PC. This is because there is already a Pc Browser version available on the official web page called Opera Browser that is why they have not taken the trouble to create an Opera mini version for PC which is any way originally meant for mobile devices.
Opera Mini is free of cost for users and it receives its main support from deals with mobile operators to have Opera Mini pre-installed in phones and other sources of revenue like search advertising deals, licensing and paid bookmarks and Speed Dial placement.
Opera Mini For PC Features:
- Opera Mini’s main job is to search content through a proxy server and reformat web pages into such a format that is more suitable for small screens. A page is compressed, then delivered to the phone in a markup language called OBML (Opera Binary Markup Language), which Opera Mini can interpret.
- It is easy to use the web page as the page is reformatted into a single vertical column so that it need only be scrolled vertically. This saves you the trouble of zooming out and zooming in over and over again.
- A discussed earlier, this process increases the speed of the searches too, about two to three times faster. So how does Opera mini manage to do this? By default, Opera Mini opens one connection to the proxy servers, which it keeps open and re-used as required. This improves transfer speed and enables the servers to quickly synchronize changes to bookmarks stored in Opera Link
- A feature of Opera mini is small scale rendering. This means that long lists and navigation bars are automatically hidden by a feature known as ‘content folding’. It is really useful for devices with screens 128 pixels wide or smaller.
- To scroll, users have to use the device’s arrow keys, its number keys, or a stylus and there are options within image quality. You may choose between- Low, Medium, or High.The quality of the image will determine how fast or slow your page will load.
- There are default search engines in Opera mini for ease of handling for users. The default search engines are Google and Wikipedia. You can even add more search engines as defaults if you want.
- Opera Mini helps you with shortcut keys, bookmarks, downloads files and even saves web pages for offline reading and remembers the user’s browsing history
Click Here >> Download Snapchat for PC
How to Download and Install Opera Mini For PC Laptop Windows:
Firstly, Opera mini is not really meant for PC usage. It has been specifically designed keeping in mind the problems people most face and complain about when browsing on mobile.
If you liked Opera mini so much that you want to use it on your PC as well, try using the Opera browser for free from the link provided here.
Clicking this will lead you to download the same browser on your PC (same company) the only difference is that this one is designed for PC use and will work accordingly. You can also download this is an offline mode.
However, if this is not what you wanted (you specifically want Opera Mini on your PC)then it is not impossible.
All you need to do is download it on your PC through an android emulator.
Steps to Download Android Emulator on your PC:
- Before you download, make sure to check the version of your graphics card and make sure that it is up to date. if your graphics card is the latest one and you have a working internet connection, you are ready to begin.
- Go to the official Android website by clicking on this Link
- On the homepage, you will see the option to download on your PC. All you have to do is click that ‘Download’ option and wait
- The free download should begin immediately and automatically. If it fails for some reason, check your internet connection or refresh and try again.
- It will only take a few minutes for the download to finish and then we have to allow to launch in/ run it on PC. To install/ run the app left click on the button where it says ‘Download complete’ or clicks on the downloaded installation file twice.
- As you click that a new window will pop up on your screen. It is basically asking you permission to run the file on the PC – so click on the ‘agree’ option and wait for a few minutes for the system to complete the installation process.
- With these steps, Andyroid will be installed on your PC.
Don’t Miss>> Movie Box for PC
Now all that is remaining is to get Opera Mini for PC:
- Open Andyroid Android emulator.
- Go to the search engine and type in ‘Opera mini’
- In your search results, you will see Opera mini, you can recognize it by its icon.
- Click on the icon to open the page, once the page is open click on the Install button.
- Within few minutes, you will find Opera mini downloaded and ready for use on your PC with the help of Android
I hope you have enjoyed this guide, how to download Opera Mini for Windows PC. If you have any doubts while downloading or installing the software, comment your problem below.